Terms and conditions
Please be aware of the following if you make a purchase through the YMT website:
Auditions: Auditions booked through the YMT website are non-refundable however if you need to change to another date or time we can change this for you.
Tickets: Tickets booked through the YMT website (Let it Snow!) are non-refundable. Seating is unreserved and you will pick up your tickets on the door.
Merchandise: All products booked through the YMT website are subject to availability, refunds / amendments can be made for merchandise orders.
Cookies: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.
YMT Project Terms and conditions
If you take part in or pay for any project with YMT you agree to the following terms and conditions. This information will be sent to you with any offer to join the company.
These terms and conditions relate to any participant and their parent/carer accepting membership of any Youth Music Theatre UK project.
1.1. "Participant" means the person who will take part in the Project.
1.2. "Parent"/"Carer" means the person(s) who have signed the Acceptance Form on behalf of the Participant if they are under 18 years of age and agree to pay the Project fee.
1.3. "Project"/”The Project” means the residential theatre workshop run by YMT that will take place on the dates detailed on your offer letter or on the website at time of booking.
1.4. "Project Fee" means the fee payable for participation in the Project.
1.5. "The Parties" means the parties to this agreement being YMT and the Participant and/or the Parents/Carer of the Participant.
1.6. "YMT" means Youth Music Theatre UK, a charitable company limited by guarantee.
2. Legal Contract: The offer of a place on a production and its acceptance by the Participant/Parents/Carer or the booking of a place on any other YMT project give rise to a legally binding contract on the terms of these terms and conditions.
3. Jurisdiction: The Parties submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
4. Conduct and Attendance: YMT expects Participants to be courteous to staff and peers and to respect the needs of others. Participants will attend each day of the Project, be punctual and take a full part in each day's activities. Further details can be found in the YMT ‘Guide’ available via our website.
5. Rules and Discipline: The standards of discipline and rules of the Project are outlined in the YMT Guide. Participants are requested to read this document in full before accepting the offer of a place. Participants hereby agree that they will accept the authority and guidance of Artistic and Pastoral staff and understand that failure to do so can result in them being sent home.
6. Insurance: YMT undertakes to maintain only those types of insurance required by law. The Participant/Parents are responsible for obtaining personal insurance cover for the duration of the Project. YMT can provide details of possible insurance providers on written request.
7. Payment of Project Fee: The Participant or Parents undertake to pay the total Project Fee as detailed on your offer letter or on the YMT website.
8. Bursary Scheme: The YMT Bursary Fund aims to provide bursaries to as many young people as possible. Funds are limited, and are only available to those in greatest need, whose gross household income is under £35,000 per annum. Bursary requests must be submitted via the official YMT Bursary Scheme Form available from YMT on request. If you are applying for the Bursary Scheme, you may have the option of paying a smaller amount for your first instalment.
9. Acceptance Forms: Acceptance forms must be received by the deadline published. YMT reserves the right to decline Acceptance Forms received after the deadline has passed.
10. Medical or other factors regarding participants: During the acceptance process, participants/parents/carers must disclosed in confidence all relevant information about any medical condition, health problem, or allergy which affects the participant. Failure to do this may result, as a last resort, in the participant losing his/her place on a project or being sent home.
If there are any matters of which we ought to be aware before the Participant takes part in the Project which have not been covered by questions during the acceptance process, please write a confidential letter addressed to Hannah Kipling, Programmes Administrator (Young People & Parents) at least 3 months before the start of the project start date.
11. Variation: YMT will endeavour to deliver the Project as advertised but reserves the right to change any of the facilities or itineraries described in the Project Information Pack and website. If a major change becomes necessary or is deemed by YMT to be advisable, Participants and/or Parents will be informed as soon as is reasonably practicable.
12. Participant Cancellation: If a Participant withdraws from a Project, YMT will follow the following cancellation policy:
12.1. Audition/Deposit Cancellation: YMT do not offer any refund for auditions or project deposits. YMT may be able to move a booking to a later date at a different venue for which an admin fee may be charged.
12.2. Project Cancellation Charges: If a Participant cancels their accepted place YMT will withhold the following payments:
12.2.1. Participants paying via instalments: YMT will withhold all payments made on before date of cancellation. No other fees will be payable.
12.2.2. Participants paying in full: YMT will withhold the equivalent of instalment payments made on before date of cancellation and will refund the remaining payments within 30 days. No other fees will be payable.
12.2.3. If a participant cancels their accepted place after the final instalment date no refund will be given.
12.3. To be effective notice of cancellation must be provided in writing and be received by Hannah Kipling, Programmes Administrator (Young People and Parents). YMT strongly recommends that you take out insurance to cover the cost if you have to withdraw for any reason.
13. YMT Cancellation: YMT reserves the right to cancel the Project in any circumstances. However, YMT would not do this without good cause and in the event of cancellation all monies paid by or on behalf of Participants would be refunded in full. YMT also reserves the right to terminate this agreement with individual Participants for unpaid Fees and serious breaches of Project rules.
14. Filming & photography: All YMT projects are photographed and filmed for archival and marketing purposes. Images may appear on film, in print and online in perpetuity. I confirm that I give permission for myself/my son/daughter* to be filmed or photographed for these purposes and for these images to be stored and duplicated without further permission being sought. If you do not agree to this, or would like to discuss this in more detail please call the YMT Office on 020 8563 7725.
15. Personal Data: Basic personal data (name, location, contact details, shows performed) supplied to YMT during all projects will be securely stored electronically and/or on paper held under General Data Protection Regulations by YMT in perpetuity and will be used for statistical analysis and for future correspondence such as, but not limited to, Alumni information regarding possible performances, revivals and reunions, recordings or videos. This is a contractual requirement.
16. Direct marketing consent: Consent for contact details to be added to YMT’s marketing database will be requested during the acceptance process. Details will NOT be passed onto third parties other than those working on behalf of YMT in the UK. Details will be held in perpetuity. To withdraw consent, to have access to the data held or for data to be changed/erased, you should contact email@example.com
17. Social Media Use: Parents/Carers are encouraged to comment or post appropriately about YMT projects. In the event of any offensive or inappropriate comments being made, YMT will ask the parent/carer to remove the post and invite them to discuss the issues in person.