YMT works closely with teachers all over the UK and Ireland to offer opportunities to as many young people as possible.
With a presence across the UK and a reputation for creating innovative new work, YMT offers high-quality training for young people interested in the performing arts - whether that's as a singer, dancer, actor, musician, director, writer, composer or stage technician. There are loads of ways to get involved with YMT, either through the audition process, our Summer Skills Courses, our Schools Outreach Work or through our other activities.
Through YMT's Teacher Ambassador scheme, we work closely with teachers to help promote YMT's activities directly to students. In return, we can offer CPD training and discounted rates for our auditions and courses!
YMT has a long-standing affiliation with the NASUWT as principal sponsors, supporting the creative and personal development of young people through the medium of music theatre.
Available resources for teachers:
- CPD and training opportunities
- Discounts for music theatre workshops with access to advice from experienced theatre professionals
We can offer the following benefits for you and your students:
- Discounts for auditions and courses for students booking through a Teacher Ambassador
- Special price tickets for shows and events
We would really appreciate your support in helping us achieve our goals in ensuring young people have the opportunity to realise their talents and improve their skills in singing, acting, dancing, technical theatre and musicianship.
- Recommend YMT to students interested in music theatre, and any who you think may benefit from one of our courses
- Actively publicise our auditions and interviews for performers, musicians and backstage crew to pupils in your school through distribution of flyers and posters and online through your school’s website and social media (promotional materials will be provided by YMT)
- Advocate the personal and social benefits a YMT course provides
- Update YMT with your contact details and school details should they change
“The NASUWT is deeply committed to causes which benefit, support and celebrate the talents of young people. The Union has developed its relationship with Youth Music Theatre UK (YMT) over a number of years. YMT is an extremely valuable resource for teachers and schools, providing the highest quality productions and development opportunities. The NASUWT is very proud to be the main sponsor of YMT.”
Chris Keates, General Secretary, NASUWT
To join as Teacher Ambassador email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all of our Teacher Ambassadors.